So, what's the big deal about sulphates?
Sulphates (or Sulfates as they're spelt in some parts of the world) can be found in many conventional products that are designed to lather when mixed with water - across cleaning and personal care. We wanted to talk to you about sulphates in shampoos specifically, as we know this is a hot topic and many people are trying to understand the "ifs, buts and whys".
While sulphates in a shampoo deliver that squeaky clean feeling, they come at a cost for most hair types. Sulphates strip away most of the natural oils in our hair and skin which is why choosing a sulphate-free shampoo is so important in maintaining healthy hair.
Within in our personal care range, we have our Nu-Eco Conditioning Shampoo which is sulphate-free and can help with :
1) Reduced scalp irritation, flakes and itchiness. Our shampoo has an anti-inflammatory effect due to it's high content of omega fatty acids. Aloe Vera is one of the key ingredients in our shampoo which also works against irritated or dry skin.
2) Replenishing moisture in your hair. Our shampoo's key ingredient is Baobab Fruit Extract which has been included for it's moisturizing and rejuvenating properties.
3) Natural curls! For those of you trying to retain your natural wave or curl, sulphate-free is a MUST. Deeply nourished hair is also less likely to frizz.
4) Softer, better conditioned hair texture and feel.
5) Treated hair will enjoy better colour retention as it's preserved for longer.
We are committed to developing products across categories that are healthy for both the environment and your families well-being.